Master of Management Studies (MMS/MBA) is a recognized business degree and a valued qualification for those aiming to become innovative leaders. The objective of MMS/MBA is to educate students in various aspects of business and management. The practical preparation enriches the knowledge and creates an aspiration to excel into highly successful managers.
MMS/MBA Program is designed to equip its graduates with the skills, abilities, and knowledge that will enable them to take up positions of higher responsibility in the execution field. However, the course has the following specific objectives:
– To prepare young managers who would be committed to profession founded on a strong base of professional ethics and values.
– To provide hands-on training to students by achieving maximum possible industry-institute interaction.
– To instill the spirit of research among students.
– To develop entrepreneurship skills among students.
The MBA/MMS program combines the general management disciplines with opportunities to pursue specialization in any area of interest. The curriculum consists of Core subjects followed by Elective subjects that Reflect the Student’s chosen Area of specialization. However, the specialization streams offered by the Institute is guided by the coveted Mumbai University. Students are encouraged to choose an area of specialization that suitably matches with their interests and skill sets. Presently the Institute is offering four basic specialization streams
- Human Resources
DURATION OF THE PROGRAMME
Two years / Four Semesters full time
– Any Bachelor’s degree (or Graduation) from any recognized university, in any subject 50% of marks (45% for Backward class).
– Students appearing for their final year can apply but their admission will be subject to obtaining the minimum required marks.
– Students who have attempted MAH CET, CMAT, MAT, ATMA.
The curriculum is as prescribed by Mumbai University, Maharashtra.
TEACHING AND ASSESSMENT METHODS
A mixture of teaching methods is used, including lectures, group work, guided reading, case study analysis, Role plays, Seminar presentations etc. Student performance is assessed through both internal assessment and Semester end examinations as per the norms of the Mumbai University. However, Internal Assessment Marks will be based on assignments / tests / oral examinations and seminar conducted in respective subjects. All the candidates shall undertake a project of ten weeks duration at the end of the third semester and before the commencement of the fourth semester. The project should have industry orientation and the work should be certified by the concerned organization where the student has undertaken the project.
ACTIVITY ORIENTED TEACHING AND LEARNING
Classroom projects and exercises
Field projects and company visits
Expert and guest lectures